No – not Bridge2Aid (although I’ll soon be singing along).
On 17th September 2004 I wrote and published my first ever blog post.
10 years ago.
2,408 posts on “the life and times of Chris Barrow” and “the business of dentistry”.
6,547 genuine comments from real people – many supportive and some highly critical.
26,735 spammy comments from computers and nut-cases.
Quite a few costume changes by yours truly:
- The Dental Business School
- The Million Dollar Coaching Programme
- The Dental Business Club
I only wish I could run a word-count.
(Does anyone know how to do that?).
On behalf of my blog, I would like to say a few “thanks you’s”.
- Kimberly Black for your talented, and loving help back-stage during the formative years
- The late Thomas Leonard for inspiring me to become a coach, Marlene Panet-Raymond, Susan Austin and Andrea Lee for helping me realise that coaching could be a real business
- The Team at ApexHub for similar help in recent years
- The aforementioned and, at different times, Dental Focus and DDL who have had the unenviable job of migrating all those posts from one site to another
- WordPress, who have provided a secure a reliable platform throughout
- My family, friends, enemies, suppliers, strategic alliance partners, colleagues, clients who have been the cast and have made my job as a blogger so simple
- The businesses who have delighted or dismayed me
- The authors who have educated me
- The hardware manufacturers and software developers who have made the whole process of journalling easier every year
- My personal coach, Michael Myerscough, who has talked me off quite a few window ledges over the years and taught me to accept myself as the perfect imperfectionist
- Annie Bradley, for unconditionally creating the perfectly imperfect space in which I can be me and be loved
Eulogy over – here’s to many more years of being a scurvy elephant.
Oh – and just out of curiosity – here is what I wrote all those years ago:
FRIDAY IN VANCOUVER
We have just finished the first day of our Coaching Success Forum and I’m taking an hour’s break before a bonus evening session.
What a day – CB live and uncut plus existing coaches sharing how they have applied the material in the Million Dollar Coach Programme to their own practices – with successful results.
It has been so interesting to hear other people share their stories – the delegates have gained enormously.
I have enjoyed the experience immensely and we still have another 2 days to enjoy.