I asked Krishan Joshi of Dental Focus to give me some feedback, after I met a dentist who was investing thousands in Ad-words.
AdWords is important but has to be done right.
Yes, the big boys can spend £5-10k per month on AdWords without blinking an eye – they’ve been doing this for years and are used to it. Others would have a sleepless night trying to compete against them just for 1 day.
It’s great to use AdWords to get top rankings immediately and to dominate the 1st page of Google.
Firstly, your website needs to impress and convert – otherwise it’s a waste of money to start.
Secondly, your website needs to show that you are either:
1. the cheapest on the block and you get the price-hunter ‘masses’ converted
2. the expert for a specific treatment on the block and you get the discerning converted
3. the best value for money – that’s what your ‘branded experience treatment packages’ have to shout
4. you target the keywords + location phrases everyone uses at the ‘end’ of the online sales process – targeting those who know what they want AND where they want it.
5. target the high end, big cases only with best ROI
… or pick & mix any of the above…
Thirdly, you need to keep analysing your AdWords and optimising it – getting rid of the 20-50% of non-converting, expensive keyphrases.
I’ve posted something similar on my blog – hopefully this will help.
Krishan Joshi aka The Master Internet Marketing Director
For the latest tips & videos:
Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/krishanjoshi
Subscribe to our Blog of Secrets! http://www.dentalfocus.com/marketing/
Dental Focus Web Design http://www.dentalfocus.com
T: 020 7183 8388 M: 077 1263 2159 F: 020 7099 8485