There’s an important difference between urgency and impact:
- Urgency – I need to work more clinical hours so that we can see patients before Xmas;
- Impact – I need to recruit more clinicians so that we can see more patients in less waiting time.
- Urgency – our practice manager will have to spend the day on reception;
- Impact – we need to recruit a top-class reception team.
- Urgency – I haven’t got the time to exercise;
- Impact – I have to make the time to exercise.
And so on – we all do it – me included.
Ultimately, our businesses (or we) never grow whilst we are doing the urgent stuff – only when what we do is impactful.
The main benefit to me of using Michael Hyatt’s Full Focus Planner has been to identify (each day) that which is impactful.