I was in Belfast the morning of the Brexit result.
Here I am in Belfast again this morning, visiting the same practice – the lovely folks at Creative Smiles.
Me being here clearly isn’t good for world history. Soz.
What do you and I do in these circumstances?
I can imagine that social media, the media, this world we live in – will resoundingly comment on how happy or petrified they are by what Americans are voting for.
Blah, blah, blah……
If you want modern democracy, you have to be prepared to accept the vote, no matter what.
Here’s what I’m going to do.
- go for a run by the side of The Lagan in the cold and dark
- go to work and give it my best shot
- make sure my business makes a profit by solving other people’s problems in a good way
- keep a close eye on my personal/professional balance
- love my woman and my kids and walk the dogs
- love what I do, when I do it and the people I do it with
- appreciate my support team
- be thankful for my body, mind and spirit and for the lucky accident that had me living in my country in the times I do
- read great literature, watch great TV, enjoy good food and drink
- laugh at myself and at the world
It’s just another day – let’s get on with it shall we?